This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click through and buy, we may earn a small commission. (At no cost to you.) Please see our full disclosure for more details.
This sketch was created by Lottie Loves Paper. You can find it on their instagram 👉 here.
To create this page I used the fun and super colorful Color Study Collection by Vicki Boutin.
The colours, birds & flowers were some of the things that made this collection was perfect for scrapbooking our trip to Mexico.
- Cut a 3/4″ x 12″ strip from each of these papers:
- Color Study – Journal (green stripe)
- Color Study- Spheres (pink with blue astericks)
- Color Study- Array of Colors (blue with dots)
2. Cut two photo mats to 3.25″ x 4.25″ from the pink side of the Color Study Dots and Marks paper.
3. Cut two pieces of your white cardstock to 3″ x 4″.
4. Fussy cut several flowers from the flower side of the Color Study Journal paper. I used 7 on this page, but feel free to use as many as you like.
5. Print your photos 3×4 and trim them down slightly, or skip the white cardstock all together by printing with a white border.
Time To Assemble
Starting with your white cardstock base, use some scrap paper to mask off the area where you do not want any ink to show.
To drop the ink onto your page, simply unscrew the lid of your ink bottle and gently tap on the lid and spray nozzle to drop the colour onto your page. It’s super easy, not too messy and creates a really neat look.
After your ink has fully dried, adhere down your 3 strips of patterned paper and then add the photos and their mats over top of the strips. I used a piece of craft foam underneath the photo on the left to add some dimension. Behind one of the photos would be a great place for some hidden journaling.
It’s time to embellish! Place down your fussy cut flowers and any other embellishments you’d like. There are so many great embellishments to chose from in this beautiful collection. Have fun embellishing!